Currently I'm in the midst of the following:
- Shepherding a Child's Heart (Tedd Tripp)
- Have a New Kid by Friday (Kevin Leman)
- Gladys Aylward: The Little Woman (Gladys Aylward) -- Missionary to China beginning in 1932
- The Best of E. M. Bounds on Prayer -- I'm reading a couple pages a day during the course of my devotions.
- The Best of Dwight L. Moody -- I read 1 sermon for my Sunday morning devotions.
- Leap Over a Wall (Eugene Peterson) -- I'm reading this in connection with our Adult Bible Study on the lives of Saul and David.
- Snitch (Rene Gutteridge) -- I'm reading this to Sara as we have time.
- The Boy Who Saved Baseball (John H. Ritter) -- Reading this one to Andrew
- The Whipping Boy (Sid Fleischman) -- Reading this for the second time to Caty
My other hangup is what appears to be a disregard for holiness. He accepts the fact that we all sin. No problem, there. But he seems to also accept as fact that we can't help it, so why bother? I don't know that he would word it quite this way, but what I fail to see in his "theology" is a striving against known sin in our lives, and certainly the Bible calls us to that.
What are you reading right now? Click on "comments" and tell me.