Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Reading through Calvin's Institutes in 2009

Reformation 21 is going to be blogging through John Calvin's Institutes of the Christian Religion in 2009. I'll probably follow it some.

What I'm most excited about is simply reading through Institutes. It's something I've wanted to read for some time, since it is one of the most significant theological treatises ever written.

I realize that Calvin was Calvinist (go figure) and I'm not, but that doesn't mean I can't profit immensely from his writing. Besides, much of the Christian scholarship I read comes from Calvinists.

I've obtained a reading schedule and am ready to go. The reading schedule is for the John T. McNeill edition (2 vols.), but I'm sure it can be arranged for other editions (and there are much cheaper editions); the only thing that would change would be the page numbers.

No comments: