Sunday, March 29, 2009

The Introvert in Me

My family is all asleep. I love the quiet hours at night after the kids go to bed and the quiet hours in the morning before they all wake up.

I am an introvert, which is to say, I am rejuvenated in the alone time, in the quiet time. I can handle the social and get along with others well, but the quiet is where my batteries are recharged.

My bride is an extrovert. Her batteries are recharged in social settings (where mine are easily drained).

I am heading to bed soon, however. We're leaving in the morning on a trip with my parents and some of my brother's kids--11 of us all together in one place for a few days.

The introvert in me will have to get creative to find some quiet alone time. My dad and I are both taking flashlights if we need them to read while the rest sleep.

No comments: