Friday, May 29, 2009

Forest View Turns 1

It was one year ago today that I started this blog. I credit a couple things for the start.

1. After blogging our trip to China, several people mentioned I should continue blogging. (But what made the blog worthwhile and easy for me then was what I was blogging about, i.e., the trip to China and Callie's adoption, and not the process itself.)

2. Abraham Piper, son of John Piper, prompted me, both through exhortation and example. I followed his blog and saw that he got a lot of great discussions going through his posts (something I have failed to do). He also did a piece at the Desiring God website on 6 reasons why pastors should blog. I was persuaded.

That's the story. At this point I plan to continue blogging, though who knows how long.

No comments: