Thursday, July 22, 2010

Independence=Freedom?

I smiled as we crossed into Pennsylvania a couple weeks ago. Two signs maybe only a few hundred yards apart told a funny story.

The first said,
Welcome to Pennsylvania
The State of Independence

The second said,
Fasten Your Seat Belt
It’s Your Life
It’s Our Law

So are we free or not? Apparently we’re not free to unhook that seat belt.

Maybe some other time I’ll get on my seat belt soapbox; you know, the rant I take up about seat belt laws as representative of the continued infringement of government; but not today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Please, please, please do NOT share your unhealthy views with Sara's 90-year-old Grandpa Goldsmith. He needs all the help he can get to keep himself safe when he is driving. I'm sure he would buy you a milkshake if he knew you were 'on his side' in the unending debate! Happy driving!! Love, Mom Inniger