Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Random Thoughts

Height is relative. A McDonald’s employee at my south office asked me (in wonder), “How tall are you?” That was nice to hear. I used to hear it all the time, but took it for granted. What I usually hear now is, “Your son's taller than you, isn’t he?” So like I said, height is relative.

Parenting is harder than it looks. Parenting is also more important than it seems. If I fail in this and succeed in everything else … so what?

We need another global warming conference to convene so that the temperatures will cool down.

The kids and I watched America’s Got Talent the other night. It’s entertaining for a show, but several of the acts I would not pay to watch on their own. Like the harmonica player they sent through. He was good, but when it comes to going to a show in Las Vegas (or even here in the Fort), I don’t care how good he is, I wouldn’t go to an hour-long harmonica show even if it were free.

No comments: