Saturday, August 14, 2010

Dad Celebrated His 66th Birthday


I've been so busy I haven't kept up on blogging as much, so I missed commenting on my dad's birthday this past Thursday.

So, here it is: Happy Birthday, Dad! (Coincidentally, his twin sister turned 66 on the same day. Happy Birthday, Aunt Rita!)

On the last day of his 65th year (Wednesday), Dad found out he is going to be laid off from the WBCL utility staff at the end of the month. He's been serving at WBCL for 17 years!

He says he thinks the thing he'll miss most is sitting in Char Binkley's chair and resting his feet right in the middle of her blotter. He'll also miss reading the forecasted temperatures backwards on the air and hiding Doris Billiard's name plate.

(Okay, maybe he didn't exactly tell me those things.)

No comments: