Friday, October 8, 2010

Phones; Squirrels

At a restaurant recently, I observed what I think was a mom and teenage son enter a booth, and then each proceeded to review their phones without ever speaking to one another! I never saw them speak to one another. I presume at some point they may have done so while they were eating, but I was gone by then. It's amazing how phones are actually curbing communication these days. (Perhaps, though, they were texting one another.)

************

I was part of a synchronized tree-climbing stunt today. On my walk to work, as I passed a tree, a squirrel quickly ascended it. The same happened at the 2nd and 3rd trees I passed. Quite impressive. Especially for squirrels, creation's idiots.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

THE OSTRICH, ANOTHER IDIOT OF CREATION, YET CARED FOR AND PRESERVED BY THE HAND OF THE INVISIBLE GOD:

"13 An ostrich proudly flaps her wings, but not because she loves her young.14 She abandons her eggs and lets the dusty ground keep them warm. 15 And she doesn’t seem to worry that the feet of an animal could crush them all. 16 She treats her eggs as though they were not her own,unconcerned that her work might be for nothing. 17 I myself made her foolish and without common sense. 18 But once she starts running, she laughs at a rider on the fastest horse."
--The Contemporary English [computer file], electronic ed., Logos Library System, (Nashville: Thomas Nelson) 1997, c1995 by the American Bible Society. (The Holy Bible, Job 39:13-18) --Dad

Anonymous said...

Dear Kent,
Your Mom and I took a friend out to supper for his birthday once. After passing through the cafeteria line and sitting down with our food, the man's cell phone rang loudly. He began engaging in conversation with this private party somewhere on the other end of thie line, while we visited with each other! We could have done all that at home and saved all that money we spent at the restaurant. --Dad
P.S. To be fair, I must say that after awhile, he finlly hung up! Then we got out turn to talk just a little before we finished eating.