Friday, December 10, 2010

Some Favorite Christmas Renditions

This is a repost from last year (with a new addition at the end).


******************
Here are some of my favorite new Christmas tunes this year. (At least they're new to me.)

Warning: All these links take you to youtube to hear the songs.

Mandisa's rendition of "Children, Go Where I Send Thee." I've not really heard her before; she's powerful, and this arrangement is fantastic.

Casting Crowns' new arrangement of "I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day." Wow! How this new tune and chords improve this familiar song!

The lyrics of Downhere's "How Many Kings" are fantastic. Lyrics like:


Cause how many kings, stepped down from their thrones?
How many lords have abandoned their homes?
How many greats have become the least for me?
How many Gods have poured out their hearts
To romance a world that has torn all apart?
How many fathers gave up their sons for me?

Another good one is Sarah McLachlan's haunting "O Little Town of Bethlehem."

And here's a fun one that's not new to me, but it may be to you: "I Yust Go Nuts at Christmas," by Yogi Yorgesson.

*****************
Another by Sarah McLachlan: "What Child Is This? (Greensleeves)"

No comments: