Grandparents, siblings and in-laws, nephews and nieces all started arriving in the early afternoon, and the rest of the day was filled with food, the wild energy and creativity of children, games, and conversation. And what an array of desserts there were!
I won most of the games. I say that with a tinge of humility, but only a tinge.
- We started with Apples to Apples. I lost.
- On to Bible Outburst, guys vs. gals. The guys won.
- After that, Scattergories Bible Edition. Let's just say I didn't lose.
- Two massive games of Taboo, like a dozen people playing. My team won both games.
- Then Balderdash. Apparently I'm even good at tricking people about the truth.
- We closed with another game of Apples to Apples. As I lost the opening game, so I lost the closing one.
As I type, it's 11:38 p.m. Almost time to welcome in Jan 2nd.
Caty and Audrey left with my parents about 20 minutes ago to spend the night there.
Callie just recently fell asleep in our bed.
Calvin and Andrew just finished watching the Giants-Cowboys game, and I think Calvin's heading home shortly. Andrew has basketball practice at 10 a.m.
And Reagan is spending the night here with Anna tonight; they have prepared their sleep stations in the basement.
It's been a good day. The party's been fun. Who knows what 2012 holds? The Lord does. I told Sara this morning, if the Lord comes back this year, I will not be disappointed. But who knows? May it be a year of serving Him more faithfully and loving Him more passionately and loving others, uh, just better.