- Awareness of new life within, a new nature. You can say, "I live; yet not I" (Gal 2:20).
- Awareness of sin within as well. "The unregenerate, the natural men and women, are not aware of a sinful nature."
- Desire for God and for the things of God and to walk in the ways of God.
- Awareness that God is your Father, not just some great distant potentate; awareness that you're related to him in some way.
- Love for other believers; an instinctive affinity with other believers who love the Lord.
Tuesday, May 29, 2012
How to know if you're a true Christian
In his sermon on 1 John 3:2 Martyn Lloyd-Jones answers the question, "How can I know if I'm a child of God? How can I know that I am saved?" He gives the following evidences: