Monday, July 23, 2012

Doctrine of the Trinity not irrelevant

Our Triune God: Living in the Love of the Three-in-OneOur Triune God: Living in the Love of the Three-in-One by Philip Graham Ryken
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

This is a good introduction to the Trinity. The authors discuss the concept of the Trinity, the various roles of the persons of the Trinity, and our responses to each of the persons.

What I appreciate about the book is that it highlights the relevance of the doctrine of the Trinity. Too many believers see the Trinity as a biblical teaching, but one that doesn't make much difference in their everyday lives. Bogus thinking.

Nonetheless, I was looking for more depth. The book is great for those who are investigating the doctrine of the Trinity for the first time; but I was looking for more.  If I were a new Christian, I would have rated it higher.

View all my reviews

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your book reviews and your blog, very insightful.