Monday, November 12, 2012

Good book

The Mauritius Command (Aubrey/Maturin, #4)The Mauritius Command by Patrick O'Brian
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I enjoy the friendship and interplay between Aubrey and Maturin; Captain Jack Aubrey who struggles like a fish out of water on land but who is at home on the sea (nicknamed in the Navy as "Lucky Jack Aubrey"), and Stephen Maturin, quite the opposite--injured twice just changing boats, but otherwise a capable physician, scientist, spy, and Renaissance man. The battles and constant life at sea did become a bit wearying for me about 2/3s of the way into the book, but still a good read.

This, book 4 in the series, was probably my second favorite thus far, with the first book (Master and Commander) being my favorite.

View all my reviews

No comments: